Monday, March 2, 2015

Blog #4

I sat in class last week an opened up a part of me to strangers that I do not know and they not know me. Their was a part of me that I believe that was crying out. Crying out in a way that answers the questions , "Why do we need to have these conversations about race?" I believe it is important because we live in a society in which people are still judged by the color of their skin.
One of the young ladies in the class "stated how she felt sadden by the things in which black children have to go through everyday of their lives and I believe she is not by herself. There are other people of race who do not have to instruct their children not to hang out in the Dunkin Donuts parking lot with their friends, even though the kids are just having some innocent fun and laughter. Especially if it is a certain time of night. Be careful of the areas in which you drive your car, especially after a certain time of night. Please do not wear a hoodie on when you are walking from school, or just going to the library, even though it might be cold. Just put a regular winter hat on your head. I think when we share , people get to see who you are as a person and not by the color of your skin.  Sometimes we say and do things out of ignorance.  When you do not know , you can not correct it. These conversations allow others to see that everyone does not live in a rose garden and people are just people are in covered in different casings with different ways of living ,but they still need food and water to survive,they need medical attention for different medical problems, and they also need oxygen to breath. If we can start looking at people just as we see a box of beautiful assorted colors ,then the world could be a better place to live.
I also believe having these conversations allows the person that has been wounded, to let go of some of the hurt, and they begin to heal and then they are able to help others heal .
I am not sure if things can be shifted in a more positive way and I heard people say , "Do not think like that, do not be like that , or that is way this world is in the shape it is in."I believe people have to want to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment