Monday, February 23, 2015

Blog #3

What will my part be in my groups presentation?
The part in which I will be taking within my groups presentation is to interview two of my teachers within my building, another teacher within our school district and a principle who has studied in China concerning education.  I have also listened to a couple of videos by Principal Kafele on how we as teachers need to "Close the Attitude Gap. What is the Attitude Gap? The relationship between teachers and students. One of the key elements is having a relationship between the student and the teacher. The teacher has to ask themselves, Do I Know My Student/Students?
  • How do I learn as a student?
  • How do they process information towards learning?
  • Compassion- Do I care about them?
  • Do I have a re-pore with my students?
  • Do I know what their needs and aspirations are?
  • What do I know about them?
  • What keeps them motivated to excel?
  • What keeps them inspired to want to learn?
  • What do you know about their experiences and reality?
  • What do you know about their goals and aspirations?
  • What are his/her challenges and obstacles?
  • Do I believe in my student/students?
There are more questions to be asked . But you are able to get the feel as to which direction we need to go as teachers.
The gap between the student who has the will to learn and the student who does not have the will, the drive to learn. Why is that and what can I (teacher) do to help that student to have that zeal?
I want to show this video as well as ask these questions to our students in our class. I want us to think about the question is education a race and ethnicity problem or is it a problem in which we have not connected to the students who have not a drive to learn?
As a teacher , we need to change our mind set on how do I get this kid to be hungry for success,desire for success and to want success.I NEED TO CONNECT WITH THAT STUDENT!!!!
I hoping to inform our class on ways in which we as educators can "Close the ATTITUDE Gap and the achievement gap will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment